Saturday, August 17, 2019

#6 Aidan's Account


Welcome to our sixth blog! 

Aidan gives us his thoughts from Thursday


Thursday 15th August.

Anticipation was high - it was the day of the A-level results.

However, we were ready for the last day in Jinja. We left for F.A.C.T. with a hint if sadness, knowing that this was the last day.

When we arrived at F.A.C.T. I was ready for the day of painting. Some of the lads that had helped us with the previous day's work had done some murals of their own, including the school logo, and some animals.

I started my painting stint by painting a wall of a the Baby Class (age 2.5-4) to accommodate a blackboard.  With the help of Cheryl, Rob, Jimmy and Lilian, we got to work.

Some time passed and Neal asked me if I could paint another verse on the wall of the children's accommodation. The previous day I had painted 'Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life" '. For Thursday's painting I painted 'Jesus said: "I have come that they might have life and have it to the full" '.

While I was painting, others were playing with the children (parachute games and even volleyball) while Gill and Vicky were further training the teachers in his to use some new pre-school resources. It was great time of unity for the team.

Paul, the leader of F.A.C.T., took me to one side and told me (In brief) "I feel so blessed that some of your own work will be on these walls for years to come" which resonated well. With the mix of pride of my work and the sadness of leaving, I went to the bus to leave to the house of Paul's sister to have lunch.

After our beautiful lunch we got ready to pick up the bags and start the 2-3 hour drive toward Kampala for Part 2 of the trip. We arrived in Kampala at dark and went straight to P.D.N. (Pastors Discipleship Network) to have a look at the venue for the next day's Firefest conference.

The group got back into the minibuses and made our way to the hotel to have dinner.

In our next blog, James and Rob will be recounting their experiences of the Firefest Uganda conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment